COMMUNITY / COUNCIL TREASURER
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend all Community Council meetings and give a financial report including transactions and balance for that period. Submit a written report to be attached to minutes.
- Complete a yearend financial statement and submit to your Provincial Staff Representative/Liaison during the month of July.
- Maintain accurate financial record of the Community’s transactions, including receipts and bank statements.
- Act as one of the signing authorities within the Community.
- Issues cheques for Community (sport, volunteer, etc) expenses.
- Submit all funds received to Special Olympics Ontario (SOO) for deposit into Community bank account
- Act as a resource to Community volunteers on all financial matters.
- Ensure that proper financial accountability is maintained within the Community and that SOO’s financial policies are adhered to.
- With the assistance of the Head Coaches, Community Coordinator and Sport Technical Coordinator (if applicable), prepare and submit all applications for grants to the Provincial office.
- With the assistance of the Community Coordinator, Executive Members, and Head Coaches prepare the annual budget for the community.
- Review and be familiar with sections 1,2,4,6,12,16 and 18 on the S.O.O. information portal.
- Maintain the Special Olympics e-mail address that is provided to you if applicable.
- Reconcile HST and submit report on an annual basis.
- Upon vacating the position all files etc. must be passed on to the new Treasurer.